I know it's last second, but I can't just let an IBG pass me by without weighing in. Thanks to HLS for putting them together. Head over there for other responses.
1) Well that result really sucked. Please describe how you feel about the loss using lyrics from a pop diva (eg Brittany Spears, Rihanna, etc) song. Bonus points for video or pictures. (something good has to come out of last week)
Do I need to expand on the song? Or are you just busy watching and rewatching the video? It's self-explanatory. I got my hopes up and once again they came crashing down before October 1. Bollocks.
2) While we all want to move on, last week's game can teach us many things about the '11 Irish. After seeing what Week 1 brought us, do you find yourself more confident, less confident, or still confused as hell about our chances vs the Skunkbears? Why?
I think we are a far, far superior team to Michigan at every single position except quarterback. If we don't take a shotgun and unload it on our feet and head like we did last week we will win this game.
3) Other than QB, which position group pleasantly surprised you this past week? Which disappointed? What player absolutely MUST see more time in Week 2? Again, no QBs.
I guess you could say I was pleasantly surprised with the offensive line. They basically mauled the South Florida line, giving Tommy plenty of time in the second half (with only 1-2 exceptions) and giving Cierre some serious real estate to play with when BK called his numbed.
The disappointment was the special teams crew. I had a terrible feeling about Ruffer getting Nick Setta'd early on (Setta went through a huge cold spell once everyone realized he was the best offensive weapon we had before bouncing back) and in a game where everything went wrong he pulled his only field goal attempt. Riddick was the most unnatural looking returner I have ever seen and I don't even really know who I'd put at #2. Throw in the shankopotomus Ben Turk and you've got yourself a giant disappointment.
I'd like to see Robby Toma out there getting some reps instead of Riddick at PR and WR. Why? Because he's Riddick Lite in terms of slipperiness and he has great hands, something Theo does not.
4) Tommy Rees will lead the Irish Offense this week. Do you agree with Coach's call? Either way, what part of Crist's game will the Irish O miss the most, if any?
Yes, I agree with him. Obviously the team responds better to Rees. I was in the "Crist Camp" just because I don't think Tommy has the ceiling to be a national championship quarterback and will always struggle against elite defenses (go prove me wrong, TR), but I'm pulling hard for the sophomore now.
The one thing they'll miss about Dayne's game is his ability to stretch the field vertically. It's not that he throws a necessarily great deep ball, but arm strength a clear weakness of Rees (weakness in the sense that there are just some deep throws you can't expect him to make). I don't think they'll miss him much though.
5) What's the key to beating the Wolverines this week? Just 1 thing. Not 2. 1.
Don't beat yourself. Don't beat yourself. Don't beat yourself. Michigan cannot win this game, we can only lose it. That's how big the talent gap is.
6) Make your Over-Under Picks:
Over-under on Floyd's receiving total for this coming weekend: 154 - OVER...Floyd Fest 2011!
Over-under on Robinson's rushing total: 100 - OVER...'Nard Dog will get his.
Over-under on ND Number of Turnovers: 2 - UNDER...Only one stupid throw from Tommy.
Over-under on Number of Times Kelly is caught Purple Monstering Out: 2 - OVER...Way over.
Over-under on ND Total Yards: 425 - OVER...South Florida has a better defense than the Skunkbears.
7) Michigan: Just Another Opponent, Enemy, or Rival? Explain. 1 Bonus point for each use of the word 'suck'.
Enemy and Rival. Every Notre Dame fan cares about this game more than any game except Southern Cal. Michigan Sucks.
8) It's Michigan week. Name 1 thing in the world that sucks as much as Michigan, if you can.
Carlos Mencia's standup.
9) RichRod is back, announcing for CBS. Can't wait to see how that goes. Bet he's horrible.
Bet you're right. Bet he cries.