Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodbye Coach

This picture was taken almost exactly four years ago in 2005. It was right before the Fiesta Bowl when my business partner Chris and I went to the Gug to donate money from the Charlie's Army t-shirt business we started and ran that fall. Coach Weis was incredibly gracious and thankful and took time out of his day to talk about the state of the program, hint at what recruits were in town that weekend (Micah Johnson and Leonard Gordon), and sign a couple Charlie's Army shirts for us.

I would've bet every last thing I owned that he was going to be the one to bring Notre Dame back to the top. Breaks my heart that he wasn't.

Thank you for all your contributions and efforts and for conducting yourself in a way that made us proud. I wish the best of luck to a true Notre Dame man.

No comments:

Post a Comment