Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dear ESPN...

I have come to grips with the fact that there is little to no chance we land one of the elite coaches on our wish list. It's a tough pill to swallow, but unlike during the '01 and '04 coaching searches I figured it would be better to accept it right away rather than have my heart broken at the very end.

But every time I go to your homepage you keep putting up headlines like "Bob Stoops meet Touchdown Jesus" and your current one of "Meyer to ND may hinge on his wife."

Just stop it. You're sending me back into a glass case of emotion. We'll know what happens soon enough, quit playing games with my heart.

Sincerely,

PS
If your headline is indeed true, we're prepared to give Mrs. Meyer the apartment on top of Hesburgh Library (sorry Father Ted), a lifetime spa membership, a car, and a boat. No, two boats. And a lake. You can tell her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment