Thursday, November 26, 2009

THE BODOGS ARE BARKIN: Week 12 Picks

It only took a shade under three months but I finally had a good week. Unfortunately it appears to be too little too late in terms of catching up with Miguel...unless he uncorks a nice little 0-10 week. Anyone that knows Mikey and his gambling history can confirm this is entirely possible. The fact that the movie 2012 came out the same season that he is 10 games above .500 picking college football games is no coincidence.

Also, on a quick side note, a congratulations to Bill who just became an Uncle for the first time. On to the Turkey Day picks!

Mattare's Lock of the Week: Navy (-8.5) over Hawaii

The #3 rushing team in the country meets the 103rd ranked rushing defense. How do you say "steamrolled" in Hawaiian?

Ilinois +21...I have no idea if he will end up being named Notre Dame's coach next week but I can't believe that Brian Kelly is totally focused on this game (see: Rodriguez, Rich in 2007 going into the Backyard Brawl).

West Virginia PK...The Mountaineers are the ones playing the spoiler this year.

Missouri -3.5...Kansas has totally folded up shop. The Tigers roll and send Mangino out with a big, juicy, delicious loss to chew on.

South Carolina +2.5...How many times have I said I'll never pick South Carolina again this season? Ol' Ball Coach, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Boston College -6...I feel dirty every time I pick BC, but the Terps are really, reeeeeally bad.

Notre Dame +10...Not saying we're going to win (I don't think we will), but looking at what's happened this entire year I don't think Stanford is 10 points better than us.

Rutgers -3...Louisville stinks and Kragthorpe is a lame duck. How the hell are they only three point dogs?

Virginia +16...This is going to play out a lot like last week. The 'Hoos won't really be in the game, but there are just too many points being thrown around in a rivalry game.

Texas -20...This used to be such a dangerous game for the Longhorns at Kyle Field. Unfortunately for A&M, their vaunted Wrecking Crew defenses of yesteryear are not taking the field today. This year's defensive outfit is ranked 110th against the pass and 100th in total defense. Texas sports the second ranked scoring offense and seventh ranked scoring defense. Blowout Central.


Mikey's Lock of the Week: South Carolina (+2.5) over Clemson

The Gamecocks are like Rodney Dangerfield- absolutely no respect. I am guaranteeing they pound Clemson on Saturday or we'll do the first official blog webcast featuring me eating my Xavier hat.

Colorado St. (-3)- I think the fans are going to have a rodeo after this game ends regardless of the outcome. Who cares about football in Wyoming??

Nebraska (-8)- Bo Pelini needs this win to get a decent bowl and keep his seat cool for the next season or two. Nebraska is definitely the superior team and I think they'll have a good showing in Boulder.

Pittsburgh (PK)- Got to love the backyard brawl. This year's edition is pretty huge and both teams are solid but I'll go with the team thats come so far this season and doesn't want to waste a BCS shot.

Boise St. (-10)- I haven't watched Nevada since Notre Dame trounced them in Week 1. Needless to say that's what I'm basing this pick on.

Mississippi St. (+7)- Ole Miss won their biggest game of the year last week beating LSU while Miss St. is still searching for something to make this season memorable. I think they get it on Saturday by taking down their rival.

Arizona (-2)- Still love the Cats even after losing that barn-burner with Oregon last weekend. Their offense is ridiculous when it's on and I think they'll bring everything they have to Phoenix this weekend.

Florida St. (+21)- I remember when Florida was always a dog in this game. Bobby Bowden probably doesn't but I think the Noles keep it relatively close on the field while Bowden connects the dots in his coloring book on the sidelines.

Miami (-1)- Can't believe this line is only 1. The U is light years ahead of South Florida on the football field and I think they show it on Saturday and end the regular season right.

Kansas (+3.5)- Todd Reesing deserves a good send off after the career he's had at Kansas. Missouri's good but I think the Jayhawks find one last, good game and pull out a victory.


YEAR TO DATE STANDINGS
Mattare: 54 points...(7-3 last week, 1-0 lock...47-57-6 overall, 7-3-1 lock)
Mikey: 66 points...(5-5 last week, 1-0 lock...59-49-1 overall, 7-4 lock)

No comments:

Post a Comment